20th anniversary mural project grant Application process
June 2016 will be the 20th Anniversary of the AthFest Music & Arts Festival. To commemorate this occasion, AthFest Educates, the nonprofit organization that produces AthFest, is commissioning a public art mural that will reflect AthFest Educates' commitment to music and arts education for youth and the role AthFest has played in shaping our community's music and arts culture for the past 20 years.
Through this mural project application process, AthFest Educates will establish a partnership between a youth-serving organization(s), local professional artist(s), and business property owner(s) for the creation of a mural that will celebrates 20 years of AthFest and our commitment to the young people of Athens, GA.
AthFest Educates is prepared to invest up to $20,000 to be divided among the youth-serving organization(s) coordinating and operating the youth programming and the professional artist(s) designing and producing the mural with the young people.
The goals of the mural project are to:
- Visually promote the benefits of the arts and arts education to the community
- Display and promote the artistic talent of our community's young people and professional artists
- Provide a positive impact on the youth participants and artist(s) selected to produce the mural
- Beautify a highly visible building in Athens, GA
- Commemorate the 20th Anniversary of the AthFest Music & Arts Festival
AthFest Educates is now accepting applications from:
- Professional artist(s) interested in creating a public art mural in Athens, GA in conjunction with a youth-serving organization(s) as part of a multi-month youth-based mural arts program
- Youth-serving organization(s) interested in creating a public art mural in Athens, GA in conjunction with a professional artist as part of a multi-month youth-based mural program designed by the organization
- Business property owner(s) interested in donating a highly-visible wall to be used for a large-scale public art mural
Application are due no later than January 11, 2016 and must be mailed to:
P.O. Box 327
Athens, GA 30603
To request an application or for more information, please contact AthFest Educates via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at: (706) 548-1973.